Narec runs a number of specific projects and activities which receive investment from external funding streams. These projects cover a variety of Narec operations in the offshore and onshore wind, wave and tidal and electrical network sectors and primarily focus on capital investment, training provision, sector support and research and development activities.
Our projects are usually developed in consultation with a range of external agencies and have included the European Union, Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC), Department of Business Innovation and Skills (BIS), Technology Strategy Board (TSB) and the Energy Technologies Institute (ETI).
Currently, we are running projects that have been funded by the European Regional Development Fund 2007-2013, Framework Programme 7, Regional Growth Fund, Strategic Investment Fund, Technology Strategy Board, Single Programme and other Central Government programmes.
Narec is leading the following capital investment and sector support funded projects:
- Innovation Facilities Infrastructure
- Marine Testing Facility
- Narec Site Infrastructure
- National Blade Testing Facility
- National Wind Development Centre
- Offshore Wind Test Site
- Renewable Energy Technology Accelerator
- Social Housing Energy Management
- Business Support in Microrenewables
- Developing the Microrenewables Market
- Incubation & Inward Investment
For details on our Research and Development Projects, please access our Innovation page